Ionic is presently undertaking a search for a rapidly expanding, regionally focused ‘open market’ new build housing developer who looking to strengthen their new build housing team by appointing an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
The company have won numerous awards and accolades in recent years with its innovative approach to housing design and high standards of customer care and after-sales.
Due to an increase in new-build housing workload and planned business expansion which will see the business double in size over the next couple of years, our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding team.
This growth will see progression opportunities present themselves for those who wish to develop their career.
Working as a key member of the commercial team, your main duties will include:
– Carry out full surveying duties on individual contracts as and when required
– Assist Commercial Manager in advising on commercial risk/opportunities within projects at tender/bid stage
– Ensure that company’s policies and procedures are adhered to
– Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting thereon
– Assist with the control of claims preparations and negotiations
– Provide assistance and advice to project teams on contractual, financial and commercial issues
– Assist in the preparation of monthly CVR and quarterly reviews and ensure they are produced to the company standard
– Monitor/oversee sub-contract procurement
– Oversee sub-contract accounts, payments
– Monitor cash flow ensuring timely valuations, certification and payment
– Ensure optimum profit margin
– Ensure timely settlement of final accounts
– Office based however travel across the Northwest would be required
– Over seeing 1 – 2 sites at any one time
The ideal Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be educated to degree level within Quantity Surveying and will have at least 1 years experience of working for a house builder previously.
In return for these skills, the client is offering an excellent remuneration package and the chance to work for a privately owned and expanding organisation that has an Overseeing reputation for the training and development of their employees.
If this role is of interest then click the link to apply!!
By submitting your job application to Ionic Recruitment, you are hereby giving us your consent to use your personal data for recruitment purposes detailed in the GDPR Policy Document.
This can be viewed at: http://ionic.jobs/privacy-policy/